BELT & ROAD INITIATIVE
Exploring Business Opportunities in Guangdong
Malaysia and China are closely-knitted neighbours. Since the establishment of diplomatic relations in 1974, the government and people of both countries have established relations on all front and has seen continuous improvements in Government-to-Government policies and heightened interactions amongst the people.
The Belt and Road Initiative initiated by the Chinese government brings upon new synergies for the world economies and expanded the markets for countries enlisted along the Belt and Road Initiative. Malaysian companies, in echoing our government’s support towards the Belt and Road Initiative, will be able to ride along this fast moving opportunity and tap on the now-or-never opportunity the Belt and Road Initiative brings along.
Malaysian entrepreneurs are of no stranger to Guangdong. Guangdong is one of the earliest provinces in China to open up and trade with the outside world. Strategically located near to Hong Kong and Macau with seamless infrastructure connecting the whole of China, Guangdong is the hotspot of Foreign Investments. Many of Malaysian Chinese ancestors are from Guangdong and after generations, many are now doing business with Guangdong enterprises. Given the excellent prospects the Belt and Road Initiative brings along, now is the right time for Malaysian businesses to invest and trade with Guangdong.
The key features of the seminar:
1) The President of Malaysia-Guangdong Chamber of Investment Promotion will share： The information and thoughts for Malaysia after representing Malaysia as an Invited Foreign Non-Voting Delegate in the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference and an observer in the Chinese People’s Congress.
2) An introduction of the Belt & Road Initiative
3) What the Belt & Road Initiative means for Malaysia and its entrepreneurs
4) The collected experience of LBS in its investments in Zhuhai, Guangdong over the past 20 years
Guangdong Economic & Trade Representative in Malaysia will share:
1) The update on Guangdong government’s policies and incentives for Foreign Investments
2) Guangdong’s unique position in the Greater Guangdong, Hong Kong, Macao Bay Area and the Belt & Road Initiative